MAIN NUMBER & HELP DESK 727-547-4575 ext. 247
TITV644 is the local government cable TV channel provided by Bright House Networks and programmed by the Treasure Island Public Information Office. It is currently available only to Bright House cable TV subscribers. After February 9, 2015, TITV will be seen at its new home at channel 644. Along with our new dial position, TITV644 will, for the first time ever, be able to be viewed outside of Treasure Island on Brighthouse cable. The new coverage area on channel 644 includes, along with Treasure Island of course, St. Pete Beach, South Pasadena, Isla del Sol, Tierra Verde, St. Petersburg and Gulfport. Those cities are also being assigned new channel locations. If you currently have basic Brighthouse cable but no digital converter box, you will need one to view TITV644. Call Brighthouse at 727-329-5020. The converter box costs anywhere from $1 to $8, depending on who you talk to at Brighthouse.
Programming includes all meetings of the city commission, city boards and committees and news from various city departments. We also provide a 24/7 source for tides, sunrise/sunset information, community notices, activities and programming information.
WHAT'S ON & WHEN
No matter what time you tune in, you'll find a replay of one of the city's boards and committees. We should rename it "The Meeting Channel." Here's the replay schedule:
- SUNDAYS -- Replays of Planning & Zoning Board, Local Planning Agency, and Vision Steering Committee
- MONDAYS -- Replays of Beach Stewardship Committee, Code Enforcement Board and Charter Review Committee
- TUESDAYS -- Replays of Commission Meeting & Workshop
- WEDNESDAYS -- Replays of Planning & Zoning Board, Local Planning Agency, and Vision Steering Committee
- THURSDAYS -- Replays of Commission Meeting & Workshop, District 4 Candidate Debate
- FRIDAYS -- Replays of Planning & Zoning Board, Local Planning Agency, and Vision Steering Committee
- SATURDAYS -- Replays of Commission Meeting & Workshop, District 4 Candidate Debate
LIVE CABLECAST SCHEDULE
TITV644 cablecasts all city meetings live from Treasure Island City Hall. Aside from special meetings called to discuss specific issues, the regular cablecast schedule is:
- City Commission Meeting & Workshop -- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 6pm
- Vision Stewardship Committee -- 4th Tuesday at 3pm
- Beach Stewardship Committee -- 2nd Wednesday at 1:30pm (January, April, July & October only)
- Local Planning Agency -- 2nd Thursday at 6pm
- Planning & Zoning Board -- 3rd Thursday at 2pm
- Code Enforcement Board -- 3rd Wednesday at 3pm
- DVD copies of all cablecast city meetings can be purchased at Treasure Island City Hall. DVD copies are $1.25. You can call in your order - 727-547-4575 ext. 247. Please have the specific meeting name (board, committee, etc.) and the date of the meeting at the time of your order.
TITV went on the air in February 2001 on Bright House cable channel 15. By June of 2002, we began limited digital elements to our community television service with scrolling text and informational slides. In the summer of 2004, our digital conversion was completed and a multi-screen "headline news" look established Treasure Island as the government television leader of the Pinellas beach communities. Quite a few municipalities tour our facility to see "how Treasure Island does it" and you're welcome to check out our "studio" anytime during regular business hours.
Then on December 11, 2007, Bright House moved TITV (and all local government channels) from its basic cable lineup to digital channel 615. If you already had a cable box, no problem. If you didn't, you'd need one now to see TITV at its new channel. The box cost $1 a month and can be ordered from Brighthouse at 727-329-5020.