Re-entry decals now available for Treasure Island
Click here for a printable brochure
Hurricane season is here and Treasure Island Emergency Management officials want to make sure everyone is prepared. City residents are being asked to stop by Treasure Island City Hall and apply for an evacuation re-entry decal, lest they face frustrating delays or possiblyeven rejection when trying to get back into the city following a catastrophic event.
Treasure Island Fire Chief Bill Mallory announced the re-entry decal program June 16, 2014 and said decals are now available at the customer service desk at Treasure Island City Hall, 120 108th Avenue, Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
“A re-entry decal is meant to speed up the re-entry process, and minimize the amount of traffic and sightseers, people who shouldn’t be here,” said Mallory. “Public safety personnel need to be able to effectively protect property and the public from hazards that may still be present after a disaster, and so damage assessment teams can perform their duties.”
- The re-entry decal goes on the inside of a vehicle’s front window. Lower left is preferred, followed by upper center and lower center (see graphic)
- There are two types of decals: a red one for residents, and a blue one for businesses.
- To obtain the no-cost re-entry decal, residents must provide proof of address within the city, such as a current vehicle registration or a valid driver’s license. You can also use a current Voter ID, rental agreement (6 months minimum), utility bill (4 month minimum) or a Treasure Island property owner (tax bill or deed).
- The Vehicle License Plate Number/Make/Model is required on decal registration form.
- Business owners in Treasure Island can use their current Business Tax Certificate as proof.
- To get a sign-up form, click on the links below. You can also get a sign-up form at City Hall front desk, or use the computer in the City Hall lobby to sign up.
- Fill it out, and present in person, along with proof of residency, at Treasure Island City Hall.
- Do not email the sign-up form. Do not call city hall to sign up.
For the Additional Vehicles sign-up form, click HERE.