Re-entry hangtags now available for Treasure Island
Treasure Island Emergency Management officials want to make sure everyone is prepared in the event of an evacuation of the city. City residents are being asked to stop by Treasure Island City Hall and apply for an evacuation re-entry hangtag, lest they face frustrating delays or possiblyeven rejection when trying to get back into the city following a catastrophic event.
Hangtags are available at the customer service desk at Treasure Island City Hall, 120 108th Avenue, Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
“A re-entry hangtag is meant to speed up the re-entry process, and minimize the amount of traffic and sightseers, people who shouldn’t be here,” said Treasure Island Fire Chief Bill Mallory. “Public safety personnel need to be able to effectively protect property and the public from hazards that may still be present after a disaster, and so damage assessment teams can perform their duties.”
- You will be asked to hang the permit from your vehicle’s rearview mirror for re-entry post-evacuation.
- Law enforcement posted at city entrances will scan the barcode on your permit to verify your residence.
- To obtain the no-cost re-entry hangtags, residents must own property in Treasure Island, since the hangtags are based on addresses in the Pinellas County Property Appraiser's database, not number of vehicles owned.
- Two hangtags per address.
- Business owners may apply for additional hangtags.
- Renters should contact their landlord about obtaining re-entry hangtags.
- Do not email to sign-up. Do not call city hall to sign up.