Public Works Department - Hazardous Waste Disposal
727-547-4575 ext. 250
Mobile collections provide a way for citizens to safely dispose of unwanted household electronics and chemicals.
Click here for a list of accepted items.
How to Package & Transport Chemicals
- Do NOT mix chemicals together.
- Keep products in original labeled containers if possible.
- Place containers in cardboard boxes. Use crumpled newspaper to prevent breakage.
- Place leaky containers in clear plastic bags and transport in boxes with newspaper.
- Put boxes in the trunk or in the back of vehicle away from passenger.
- For batteries, please cover terminals with heavy tape or place individual batteries in separate plastic bags to prevent short-circuits.
Materials NOT accepted
These "special" hazardous waste items are not accepted at mobile collections.
- appliances (such as a refrigerator)
- explosives (including guns)
- fire extinguishers
- medical, biological, or infectious waste
- propane tanks
- radioactive waste
Click here for the Hazardous Material Mobile Collection Schedule
Pinellas County operates several sites for safe disposal of hazardous waste. Click on the links below.
Mobile Collection Schedule
A to Z Guide for Recycling & Disposal
Household Electronics & Chemical Collection Center
Hazardous Chemicals & Electronics
Business Hazardous Waste Disposal
Motor Oil Recycling Sites