Public Works Department - Recycling
727-547-4575 ext. 250
Residents in Treasure Island are provided single-stream curbside recycling service once a week.
What is single stream recycling?
Single stream recycling allows residents to combine all recyclable materials into one single container for collection. The single stream recycling reduces sorting efforts and allows more types of recyclables to be placed at the curb.
What receptacle do I use for my recyclables?
Republic Services will provide each City of Treasure Island resident a fixed lid wheeled cart. The carts are to be placed at the curb for the Republic Services automated recycling truck to perform the collection of recycled materials. The carts are easy to roll and control when placing at the curb.
Where will Republic Services pickup recycling?
Republic Services will provide single stream curb side recycling throughout the City of Treasure Island.
|Recyclables are picked-up curbside
in city-provided containers on:
nThursday for residents north of 107th Avenue
nFriday for residents south of 107th Avenue
Recycling service is contracted with Republic Services
There are also four recycling drop-off locations throughout the city.
Click here for Treasure Island drop-off recycling locations
Where can you dispose of non-recyclables and hazardous waste?
What items can I recycle?
- Bond Paper (white & colored), Calculator Tape, Computer Paper (Plain White or Colored Bars), Printer Pin Wheel Perforation Tabs, Envelopes, Junk Mail, Legal Pad Paper, Letterhead/Stationery, Magazines & Catalogs, Telephone Messages, Newspaper, Photocopy Paper, Scratch Paper, Envelopes with Windows, Typing Paper, Paper Bags
- Cardboard (Flattened)
- Aluminum Cans, Bi-Metal Cans, Steel cans
- Plastic Water Bottles, Liquid Detergent and Shampoo Bottles, Milk Jugs, Juice Bottles, Plastics #1 – #7
- Glass Bottles - All Colors
- Click here for a printable list of acceptable items
- Food or Beverage Waste, Candy Wrappers, Carbon Paper, Floor Sweepings, Non-Paper Packing Material, Rubber Bands, Stickers/Labels, Tissue Products (e.g.. napkins), Vacuum Cleaner Bags, Plastic Packaging Wrap, Glass Plate and Mirrors and Construction Debris
Will my recycling pick up day change?
No. The City of Treasure Island recycling collection days will remain the exact same day as your previous recycling pick up day. Please have your cart at the curb, prior to 7am.
Where do I place my cart?
Roll the cart to the curb. Place cart at least ten feet (10) away from mail boxes, trees, cars, etc. so that the automated truck can easily reach them.
Who do I contact if my recycling was not picked up?
Please contact Republic Services Customer Service at: (813) 265-0292 or (727) 577-9572
Old Recycling Carts
The old carts are not compatible with the new collection equipment, therefore cannot be used for the new recycle service. If for any reason you wish to keep your old cart please do so.
PUBLIC WORKS HOME
nUsed Appliance Pickup
nPlants & Lawns
nHazardous Waste Disposal
Roads & Streetlights