Sun, Sand & Swing
Saturday, May 24, 2008
On the Treasure Island Beach @ 104th Avenue
8am to 11pm
Info: 727-547-4575 ext. 237
Get your dancing feet in the sand at this year’s free
Memorial Day Weekend Beach Concert
“Sun, Sand & Swing”
Treasure Island Saturday, May 24th
Nearly 40 vendor booths of food, drink, arts, crafts
Click here for a page of Sun, Sand & Swing details
Get to Sun, Sand and Swing early, folks ...
this year, every act is a headliner!
You won't want to miss this incredible line-up of local music starting at 3:45pm.
Click here to download a printable poster
The musical line-up at Sun, Sand and Swing this year includes:
- Classic rockers and party guys The Greg Billings Band
- "Beach Country” favorites Tom Gribbin and the Saltwater Cowboys, a bit of Buffett with a gallon of Gill and a sprinkle of Skynyrd. One of Jimmy Buffett’s favorites!
- The Mad Beach Band, the top drawing party band on the beaches during the 1970's and early 80's, reunites for Treasure Island’s Sun, Sand & Swing with their laid-back Floribbean stories and attitude intact
- The velvety, swinging sounds of Lounge Cat, a versatile six piece playing Blues, Jazz, Swing, Ska, Standards, Motown and Latin numbers
- The Suncoast Dixieland Jazz Band, a spicy dish of bayou and beach jazz
Music plays from 3pm until 11pm with professionally produced sound and concert stage lighting.
Featured events throughout the festival:
- Bouncy Times outdoor playground
- A “Mad Science” exhibition with fire, ice, the amazing bubble bath and special effects, promoting the hands-on fun of “Mad Science” at Treasure Island’s 2008 Summer Camp
- Magician Tommy Jones and, of course, food and drink from Treasure Island Civic Associations and the TI Chamber of Commerce.
Food and drink is, of course, a staple of Sun, Sand & Swing. You can either fill your picnic basket and cooler, or pick up some burgers, snacks and drinks from several concession tents on the beach. The beer and wine tent is very popular.
Reserved tables for 8 are also available for $200. Call 727-547-4575 ext. 238 to reserve a table.
Parking directly on the beach at the concert site is available Saturday for just $10. Parking entrance is at 112th Avenue & Gulf Boulevard (across from the Waffle House) Click here
Some tips for the concerts:
- Arrive early. It's a big beach but the best spots fill up fast.
- The Suncoast Beach Trolley stops directly at the concert site at 104th Avenue & Gulf Boulevard. Both northbound and southbound trolleys make stops at :20 and :50 of every hour. Trolley service begins at 6am and runs until midnight.
- It's worth it to stay to the end. It's nice to walk on the beach in the evening while the traffic on Gulf Boulevard clears.
nMap and directions from Mapquest
nBeach Parking location map
nBeach Trolley Schedule
Reserving your table
n What you get
n Order form
n Catering menu
n2007 Sun, Sand & Symphony
The Treasure Island Chamber of Commerce is calling for volunteers over the course of the Sun, Sand & Swing event weekend.
Volunteers are needed for:
- Friday night set-up
- Saturday morning vendor check-in
- Concession, ticket and t-shirt sales
- Afternoon or evening beer & wine tent
- Info Booth
- Parking Shifts
- Sunday morning tear down
Come with your friends to the Treasure Island Chamber of Commerce at 144 107th Avenue in downtown Treasure Island and sign up together for a 4-hour shift!
Volunteer ONLINE by clicking here.
Indicate in your e-mail:
- WHEN YOU ARE AVAILABLE
- WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO DO
- INCLUDE CONTACT INFO (home phone, cell phone, e-maill address, etc.)
Call Dominique today if you know when and where you'd like to volunteer for Sun, Sand & Swing: 727.360.4121