As if spectacular sand sculptures aren’t enough, live entertainment will make Sanding Ovations Presents Sandlantis an even more wondrous event on the beaches of Treasure Island. This annual sand sculpting exhibition will bring the beach to life Nov. 18-21 and is adding a scaled-back encore weekend Nov. 26-28. The best part, it’s all free and happening behind the Bilmar Beach Resort, 10650 Gulf Blvd.
This year’s free entertainment lineup includes:
- Friday, Nov. 19: New Orleans legend George Porter Jr. and regional touring blues artist Damon Fowler. George Porter Jr., best known as the bassist of The Meters, along with Art Neville, Leo Nocentelli and Joseph Zigaboo Modeliste,
- Saturday, Nov. 20: Tallahassee-based Tobacco Rd Band, which boldly dubs itself as “the hardest rockin’ country band in the south,” followed by fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 21: Grateful Dead tribute Dead Set Florida, along with local favorites The Applebutter Express, who recently took home Best Bluegrass Band in the Creative Loafing Best of the Bay Awards.
- Other acts include Angie Rey, Sarasota Slim, Alex Hayes, School of Rock, Dennis Wallace and Emcee Johnny G.
- The scaled-back Sanding Ovations Encore weekend Nov. 26-28 will consist of small local acts to be announced.
More info can be found at www.sandingovationsmasterscup.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/SandingOvationsMastersCup, and Instagram - @SandingOvationsMastersCup.