The city of Treasure Island wants to help get everyone in our area storm ready. To do this, the city will host a Hurricane Expo at the Treasure Island City Hall on May 31 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Each year the city hosts an expo to help prepare residents for the upcoming hurricane season and answer any questions they may have. This year’s expo will include:
- 2023 hurricane forecast presented by Spectrum Bay News 9 Chief Meteorologist Mike Clay
- Presentations from city staff about what to expect in the event of a tropical event and how citizens can prepare.
- Storm safety and survival tips.
- Presentations from Treasure Island Fire Rescue Chief Trip Barrs, Treasure Island Police Chief John Barkley, Pinellas County Emergency Management and more.
- Flood insurance vs. disaster assistance information.
Residents can visit mytreasureisland.com/stormready to sign up for Alert Pinellas, learn their evacuation zone, get storm preparation tips and more.