MAIN NUMBER & HELP DESK 727-547-4575 ext. 229
- Elections for District 1 and 3 commissioners are held in odd-numbered years on the second Tuesday in March.
- Elections for Districts 2 and 4 are held in even-numbered years, again on the second Tuesday in March.
- The mayor is elected city-wide every three years. Next mayoral election is 2021.
- A district commissioner is elected by registered voters only within that district.
- Voters in all districts can vote for mayor.
Each Treasure Island district corresponds to a precinct. Some precincts encompass several neighborhoods but generally, Isle of Capri is Precinct 406, Isle of Palms and Sunshine Beach is Precinct 407, Paradise Island and downtown is Precinct 408 and Sunset Beach and Gulf Boulevard south of Isle of Palms is Precinct 409. To find your precinct, click for the map HERE.
For more information, including sample ballots, please visit www.votepinellas.com.
- Election Day for City Commission Seat 4 and the Florida Presidential Primary is March 17, 2020.
- Candidate Qualification period to file as a candidate for either District 2 or 4 is December 17 through 27, 2019.
- City of Treasure Island Commission Member Candidacy Information
- Commission Members are voted by district for 2-year terms.
- (The Mayor is voted at large every 3 years. The next Mayoral election is March 2021.)
A Candidate is any person who:
- Appoints a campaign treasurer and designates a primary depository.
- Submits the signatures of 25 registered voters of the City of Treasure Island on petition cards. The petition cards will be provided to potential candidates by the City Clerk.
- Submits a qualifying fee of $50.00 with the 25 petition cards. This fee will be returned should the candidate receive at least 30% of the total votes cast for that office.
- Files qualification papers and subscribe to the candidate’s oath as required by law.
To become a candidate for the Treasure Island Commission you must be a resident of the district you wish to represent.
When may I announce my candidacy?
- You may discuss your candidacy at any time; however, you are considered an “announced” candidate when you file your Appointment of Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository (Form DS-DE9). This form is available 180 days prior to the election date (September 19, 2019). You must file the completed Form DS-DE9 with this office before you accept any campaign contribution or make any expenditure toward your campaign.
- Form DS-DE9 is not effective until the campaign treasurer signs it and it is filed with this office.
- F.S.106.023 requires that, within 10 days of filing the Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository, you must file a Statement of Candidate with the City Clerk, stating you have read and understand Chapter 106. (This form will be provided upon filing Form Ds-De9.)
- Your campaign treasurer may serve as treasurer for more than one candidate or political committee. You or your spouse may serve as your campaign treasurer. Your campaign depository may be any bank, savings and loan association, or credit union authorized to transact business in the State of Florida.
- All contribution and expenditures are to be made through the campaign treasurer.
- The campaign treasurer is responsible for keeping detailed accounts, current within no more than 2 days after the date of receiving a contribution or making an expenditure.
- The campaign treasurer is responsible for filing the required treasurer’s reports. Deadlines for filing the report are listed in the Candidates’ Calendar.
- Candidate qualifying begins December 17, 2019 at Noon and ends December 27, 2019 at Noon. City of Treasure Island City Hall, Clerks Office 120 108th Avenue. 547-4575 ext. 229
- Submit State Financial Disclosure Form. (Provided upon filing DS-DE9 with City Clerk)
- Submit at least 25 petition cards, each signed by a registered voter of the district you wish to represent. (30 petition cards will be provided upon filing DS-DE9 with City Clerk)
- Sign Loyalty Oath
- Pay qualifying fee of $50.00
- Pay state assessment fee of $54.00
- Candidate forms are available in the City Clerk’s Office.