The city of Treasure Island is asking for your participation in creating a roadmap for the city’s future
Upcoming Comprehensive Plan Meetings to be held at City Hall Auditorium:
Thursday May 19, 2022 | 12:00 pm . | LPA Workshop - to Review all Elements
Thursday June 9, 2022 | 6 p.m. | LPA Meeting - Recommendation on all Elements to the City Commission / Resolution
Future Meeting Dates can also be found on the city calendar on the city’s website and at THIS LINK.
Where will the city be 10 or 20 years from now?
What do we want our city's downtown and beaches to look like in 20 years? What policies support the unique nature of our neighborhoods? What are our transportation options? What kind of changes should we be making over the years to ensure that we can support the unique qualities of the city of Treasure Island?
What is the City’s Comprehensive Plan?
The city of Treasure Island Comprehensive Plan is the roadmap to our community’s future. The city's revised Comprehensive Plan will be the guiding document to plan and provide direction to achieve the community's vision. The Comprehensive Plan guides the decision-making process; outlines actions to address the above questions and provides a flexible framework for adapting to real conditions over time. The city is currently in the process of updating its Comprehensive Plan and plans to send this updated Comprehensive Plan to the state of Florida in 2022. The City has already identified many legally mandated revisions to its existing 1999 Comprehensive Plan (last amended in 2017) and desires to develop the community’s vision for the city.
What is Treasure Island Vision 2042?
The vision process will set the vision and goals through the year 2042 and outline the steps needed to achieve them. These steps toward achieving the vision will become goals, objectives, and policies in the Comprehensive Plan and will be incorporated into the nine chapters or 'elements' of the Comprehensive Plan. It is each chapter’s goals, objectives and policies that will guide the decision-making for the city in achieving the community’s vision.
How can I get involved?
The 2021-2022 Comprehensive Plan Amendment process will include a significant amount of community outreach and engagement activities. It is the city's hope you will participate in this important effort to set the future direction of our city. Please go to the dedicated website (treasureislandvision2042.org), to receive important information about the process and ways to get involved. There is an online forum available for posting and an email link for questions or comments.
See previous presentations here: Home | My Site (treasureislandvision2042.org)
- August 2021- City Commission passed a resolution upon recommendation by the LPA that notified the State of the city’s intention to update the Comprehensive Plan
- September/October/November 2021 – City Staff Visioning and Data Collection Sessions
- October 14, 2021 - LPA Workshop on the Comprehensive Plan
- December 9, 2021 | Public Visioning Meeting
- December 11, 2021 | Public Visioning Meeting
- Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022 | Joint LPA/City Commission Visioning Workshop
- Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022 | Joint LPA/City Commission Visioning Workshop
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review of Intergovernmental, Capital Improvement and Property Rights Elements
- Thursday, March 17, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review of Housing and Transportation Elements
- Thursday, April 14, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review of Future Land Use and Infrastructure Elements
- Thursday April 21, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review of Coastal Management and Recreation and Open Space
- Thursday May 12, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review all Comprehensive Plan Elements
- June and July 2022 – City Commission Workshops on the recommended amendments from the LPA.
- August 2022 – City Commission 1st Reading of the Ordinance - vote to transmit to the State of Florida Land Planning Agency.
- August 2022 – City staff transmits recommended amendments to the regional agencies and the State of Florida Land Planning Agency for their review and recommendations.
- September/October 2022 – State Land Planning Agency issues an Objection, Recommendations and Comments Report to the city.
- November/December 2022 – required changes incorporated.
- January/February 2023 – City Commission 2nd public hearing, adoption at the final public meeting.
- April 2023 – Tentative effective date of the Comprehensive Plan