Vision 2042 is a roadmap for the city’s future.
What is the status of the Comprehensive Plan update project:
- September/October 2022 – State Land Planning Agency issues an Objection, Recommendations and Comments Report to the city.
- November/December 2022 – required changes incorporated.
- January/February 2023 – City Commission 2nd public hearing, adoption at the final public meeting.
- April 2023 – Tentative effective date of the Comprehensive Plan
Future Meeting Dates can be found on the city calendar on the city’s website.
Where will the city be 10 or 20 years from now?
What do we want our city's downtown and beaches to look like in 20 years? What policies support the unique nature of our neighborhoods? What are our transportation options? What kind of changes should we be making over the years to ensure that we can support the unique qualities of the city of Treasure Island?
What is the City’s Comprehensive Plan?
The city of Treasure Island Comprehensive Plan is the roadmap to our community’s future. The city's revised Comprehensive Plan will be the guiding document to plan and provide direction to achieve the community's vision. The Comprehensive Plan guides the decision-making process; outlines actions to address the above questions and provides a flexible framework for adapting to real conditions over time. The city has sent this updated Comprehensive Plan to the state of Florida in 2022m, including many legally mandated revisions to its existing 1999 Comprehensive Plan (last amended in 2017).
What is Treasure Island Vision 2042?
The vision process will set the vision and goals through the year 2042 and outline the steps needed to achieve them. These steps toward achieving the vision have become goals, objectives, and policies in the Comprehensive Plan and have been incorporated into the nine chapters or 'elements' of the Comprehensive Plan. It is each chapter’s goals, objectives and policies that will guide the decision-making for the city in achieving the community’s vision.
How can I get involved?
The 2021-2022 Comprehensive Plan Amendment process has included a significant amount of community outreach and engagement activities. The City will soon embark on revisions to the Land Development Regulations, and we invite you to participate in these public meetings, as meetings are scheduled you will find dates here. .
- September/October/November 2021 – City Staff Visioning and Data Collection Sessions
- October 14, 2021 - LPA Workshop on the Comprehensive Plan
- December 9, 2021 | Public Visioning Meeting
- December 11, 2021 | Public Visioning Meeting
- Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022 | Joint LPA/City Commission Visioning Workshop
- Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022 | Joint LPA/City Commission Visioning Workshop
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review of Intergovernmental, Capital Improvement and Property Rights Elements
- Thursday, March 17, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review of Housing and Transportation Elements
- Thursday, April 14, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review of Future Land Use and Infrastructure Elements
- Thursday April 21, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review of Coastal Management and Recreation and Open Space
- Thursday May 12, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review all Comprehensive Plan Elements
- Thursday May 19, 2022 | LPA Workshop Review all Comprehensive Plan Elements
- Thursday June 9, 2022 LPA Meeting - Recommendation on all Elements to the City Commission
- June and July 2022 – City Commission Workshops on the recommended amendments from the LPA.
- August 16, 2022 – City Commission 1st Reading of the Ordinance - vote to transmit to the State of Florida Land Planning Agency.
- August 18, 2022 – City staff transmitted recommended amendments to the regional agencies and the State of Florida Land Planning Agency for their review and recommendations.