Development Review Committee
2nd and 4th Tuesday at 1:00 p.m., Treasure Island City Hall Auditorium
The Development Review Committee (DRC) is an administrative and technical committee which reviews policy and technical issues raised by development and redevelopment projects within the City. The DRC reviews all proposed new structures, remodels, and additions on commercial, multifamily, and single-family projects.
The DRC is a staff level preliminary plan review. This process of reviewing site and building plans prior to submittal is conducted in order to expedite permitting and plan approvals. The DRC meeting also serves as the required pre-application meeting for Planning and Zoning Board site plan, special exception, and variance cases.
This is an informal meeting serving several purposes and will focus on the following items:
- To inform the city of any site plans in progress together with the scale and character of the plan so that the City may recognize the proposed development in any of its physical or facility planning for the entire city.
- To inform the applicant of the city's informal response as to the scale and character of the proposed development and to alert the applicant to all applicable ordinances and regulations as well as any specific areas of concern that the city may have for that specific site or proposed plan.
- To clarify and inform both the applicant and the city with respect to the site plan review procedure.
- To clarify and inform both the applicant and the City on the applicability of the “FEMA 50% rule” as it pertains to remodel-type projects and that have construction costs that meet 35% - 50% of the valuation of the structure.
Submit a digital set of plans with scale by close of business one week before the scheduled DRC meeting. These do not need to be signed and sealed construction documents, as a permit set is not required at this meeting.
- Site Plan or survey showing existing structures
- Site Plan with site dimensions, new structure location, setbacks, parking areas
- Floor Plans with overall dimensions
- Building Elevations with heights, showing base flood elevation
For more information, to schedule an appointment, and to submit plans, please contact Camille Krochta, Planning Manager, Community Development Department, at (727) 547-4575 x 243 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of projects and comments on development proposals by the DRC shall not be construed to be an approval of any project presented to the Committee.