NON-EMERGENCY POLICE 727-547-4595
If you have a residence in Treasure Island and are going on vacation, or plan to be away from your home for an extended period of time, the Treasure Island Police Department’s free Homewatch Program may give you peace of mind. Officers will conduct periodic exterior checks while you are away, monitoring your property for inappropriate activity or emergencies.
In order to sign up for this program, please follow the instructions below:
- Click on the “HOMEWATCH SIGN-UP FORM” link below.
- Fill in ALL FIELDS on the Treasure Island Police Department Residential House Watch Form. You may do this by typing on the form electronically, or printing it out and hand-writing your information.
- If filling out electronically, print out the document after filling in all the required information.
- Sign the document.
- Scan and email the document to email@example.com, including the word “HOMEWATCH” in the subject line of the email. You may also opt to bring the completed form to the Treasure Island Police Department if you do not have access to a scanner.
- If sent via email, a reply to that email will be sent by front desk staff to verify that any Homewatch emails have been received.
The HOMEWATCH SIGN-UP FORM
*After December 31, 2019, the Treasure Island Police Department will ONLY accept the most recent version on the Homewatch Sign-Up Form (found at the link above).
Only the residents of the homes being placed on the homewatch program may submit a Homewatch Sign-up Form for that address. Please call the Treasure Island Police Department’s front desk line at (727) 547-4592 if you have any questions about exemptions to this rule.
By submitting this Residential House Watch Form to the Treasure Island Police Department, you give the Treasure Island Police Department permission to enter your residence if a door or window is found open while performing a residential House Watch Check.
Enlisting the Treasure Island Police Department to keep an eye out for suspicious activity while you are away from home does not guarantee against loss, theft, damage, or mischief, but it can be a useful deterrent to anyone who may be targeting your home for criminal purposes.