MAIN NUMBER & HELP DESK 727-547-4575 ext. 237
We hope you all are healthy and safe. Over the last few days, we have been working hard to update our policies and procedures to ensure a safe and fun environment for our Summer Camp which will start June 1st and run through August 7th. With that said, we will be open to a lower maximum number of children so that we can ensure that social distancing and CDC guidelines can be maintained throughout the duration of camp. At this time, we plan on splitting the groups into 9 campers and 1 coach in separate rooms to be consistent with CDC guidelines.
Treasure Island Summer Camp will be held in the following facilities June 1st – August 7th 8am-5pm:
- The Treasure Island Community Center
- The Treasure Island Garden Room at the Community Center
- New City Hall Facility located at 10451 Gulf Blvd, right across from the Community Center
- We will also be utilizing TI Park
Starting May 18th at 8:00am, we will open online applications. Campers will be required to sign up for the entire program. At this time we will not allow weekly registration or drop-ins. Due to our limited capacity, priority will be given to City of Treasure Island residents, City employees and first responders unless guidelines change. We will maintain a waiting list to enable us to rotate kids in and out throughout the summer based upon availability. Payment will be due at the time of registration. Upon receipt of your application, staff will contact you for a credit card payment.
Here are the forms you will need to enroll in Summercamp:
FILL THEM OUT, SAVE THEM & EMAIL THE COMPLETED FORMS TO RECREATION@MYTREASUREISLAND.ORG
- Summercamp Rules & Regulations
- Camp Disiplinary Form
- Food Experience Permission Form
- Medical Release (*needs notary)
- Sunscreen Policy
- Summercamp Waiver
We will have enhanced cleaning/sanitizing protocols throughout the duration of camp. Additionally, we will have the following protocols in place to ensure the health and safety of all. (These protocols may change depending on the evolving guidelines):
- No Before and Aftercare
- Specific “Call-Ahead” Child Drop-Off and Pick-up Times
- Daily temperature checks and questionnaire prior to anyone entering facilities
- Children will be kept in groups no larger than 10.
- Social distancing guidelines of 6ft will be enforced
- Coaches will be required to wear face coverings in the facilities
- Coaches will be requiring hand washing or use of hand sanitizer regularly
- Any children who exhibit symptoms of Covid-19 while at camp will be isolated and will require immediate pickup
- No field trips until further notice
There is no doubt that these are unprecedented times and the situation is fluid. We will continue to adapt to provide a safe, healthy and fun environment for your children.
Please visit www.mytreasureisland.com for the camp application forms, which will be available on May 18th.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Recreation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call City Hall at (727) 547-4575.